Monday, August 22, 2011

Shimmery titlework

Good morning and happy Monday, Lucky Girls! This is Natalie, and this week I have the privilege of sharing with you my layouts created with the August kit, "Summer Shimmer."

So without further ado, here is my first-- a double-pager...

I have to admit, while I was super excited to see a Glimmer Mist included in this month's kit, I was also a bit nervous. You see, I haven't done much misting! But I decided to embrace the challenge and use the mist as the main feature -- for my titlework -- on this layout.

I got out a piece of scrap cardstock that was the same color as the background paper I used and laid out my letters (from my stash). I experimented with the way my mist sprayed so that I was confident I could create the look I was going for, and then I went for it on the actual background paper! To finish off the title, I cut my second word with my Silhouette from patterned paper in the kit and placed it right across the misted word.

I added little strips of patterned paper to accent the photos and on the edge of the layout... and I punched hearts from the patterned papers and my practice-misted paper to sprinkle across the pages.

And there are two more photos tucked behind the vertical panel of photos! I couldn't not include them, so I adhered one each to the front and back of a tag and slipped it in, with baker's twine from the June kit as a pull tab.

Supplies:

from the August kit "Summer Shimmer":
patterned paper: SEI Sunny Day (Window Box), Echo Park Country Drive (Flutter By), Bo Bunny (Petal Pushers)
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Viva Pink)

others:
baker's twine: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky Together; from the June kit!)
cardstock: The Paper Company
letters (for masking): Maya Road Sheer Alphabet (Atlanta Uppercase)
Silhouette SD with font Wendy Medium
border punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)
heart punch: McGill
gel pen: GelWriter
sewing machine stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy