Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pocket page layout

Hi again, Lucky Girls!

I've been working my way through my end-of-grad-school photos and came across this one. There isn't a huge story to go with it, and there aren't any other photos to go with it, but I wanted to make sure that it was included in my scrapbook. So I decided to have this page do double-duty.

As I was working on other layouts with the August Lucky Girls kit, I had the photo on my table. As I shifted things around, it landed with the flowers and the ruffled paper strip (originally made for a different layout, but I had decided it was a bit much for that one), and I realized how perfectly they went together. So the first "duty" of this page was to highlight this photo and mention that I'd won this award-- one that I'd been aiming for throughout grad school.

The layout itself probably looks pretty lumpy-bumpy... and that's because if you undo the closures that I made with big brads and embroidery floss...

...the brown flap opens to hold the cards and some other papers from my PhD defense that I wanted to keep: the second "duty" of this layout.

The whole yellow section is a big pocket. I folded 1/2-inch paper strips lengthwise and attached them around the top, right, and bottom edges to make a gusset to accommodate the extra bulk from the things I put inside.

Supplies:

from the August kit "Summer Shimmer":
patterned paper: Echo Park Country Drive (Picket Fence/Dandelion), SEI Sunny Day (Window Box)
embellishments: Petaloo FloraDoodles Chantilly Mixed Bloom (Sienna), Petaloo Canterbury Assorted Mini Bloom (Lemon), SEI Sunny Day Glitter Die Cut Accents

others:
additional cardstock: Paper Reflections, The Paper Company
alphas: Prima Flocked Alphabets (from the Sept. 2010 kit)
border punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)
brads: the Paper Studio
journaling pen: GelWriter
embroidery floss

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy