Tuesday, August 23, 2011

One layout, two stories

It's Natalie again, and I'm back to share another layout I created with the August kit, "Summer Shimmer".

This layout actually tells two stories. You see the first one immediately...


My officemates through grad school were awesome. I might have gotten through without them, but it's debatable, haha! The three of us all defended at the end of the same summer, and we took this picture right before I "moved out" of the office.


I wanted yellow letters for the title, but I didn't have quite the right golden-y color that went with the floral paper. But I did have the bright, glittery, lemon-y Pink Paislee Sweetness letters from a previous LGC kit. I took my red pigment ink and using a foam blender tool, I added just enough to change the color. It's a bit mottled, but that exactly what I wanted to go with the patterned paper.

The second story is on a pull-out insert behind the main photo. These are the "nameplates" I had for my offices throughout my time in grad school. They have a great story (I think), but they're really ugly, so I hid them in the pocket.


The story is on the back of the insert...


Supplies:

from the August kit "Summer Shimmer":
patterned paper: SEI Sunny Day (Window Box)
cardstock: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Enchanted (Elated Iris; B-side solid), Echo Park Country Drive (Picket Fence/Dandelion)
trim: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Spring Lovely Ribbons

others:
alphas: Pink Paislee Sweetness (glitter sticker alphabet, from the May kit)
border punch: Fiskars (apron Lace)
photo corners: Scrapbook Adhesives
additional cardstock for pull-out tag: Paper Reflections
journaling pen: Sharpie Ultra Fine Point
staples
sewing machine stitching
red pigment stamping ink (to add a tint to the alphas)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy