Friday, August 26, 2011

Clean and simple, Summer Shimmer style

Happy Friday, Lucky Girls!!

For my last post of the week, I have a clean-and-simple aqua and white layout to share with you all.



While there was plenty of bright color and sparkle in the August kit, there were some lovely soft shades, too. Aqua is one of my favorite colors recently, and when I saw the Bo Bunny polka dot and the Dear Lizzy floral together, I knew I had to feature them on a layout.

I stitched along the edges of the polka dot with a zigzag, and added a straight stitched border to the floral. Add that soft, velvety ribbon, and things were just about perfect!


I wrote my journaling along the vertical so that it wouldn't compete too much with the design, and I added pearls from my stash and some butterflies die cut from vellum. The butterflies are "symbolic" of the freedom I felt when I finally deposited my PhD dissertation!

~ ~ ~

I enjoyed sharing layouts with you this week, and I hope that I was able to provide you with a little bit of inspiration as you get scrapping with your August kit!!

~ ~ ~

Supplies:

from the August kit "Summer Shimmer":
patterned paper: American Crafts Dear Lizzy (Enchanted Elated Iris), Bo Bunny Petal Pushers
trim: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Spring Lovely Ribbons

others:
white cardstock The Paper Company
vellum: The Paper Studio
pearls: Queen & Co.
Silhouette SD: butterfly die cut, font HoneyScript
journaling pen: GelWriter
foam adhesive: Therm O Web
sewing machine stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy