Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mid-Week Mojo -- Let's talk journaling...

Hi everyone! It's Natalie here, and you get a bonus post today, because it's Wednesday, the day for Mid-Week Mojo! I'm going to share a bit more about the layout for the blog party today.

I have an question for you today...

What inspires your journaling?

This is a pretty important question for me, since I think journaling is an integral part of scrapbooking. The stories help us "remember when..."

And with that great Noteworthy paper in the kit with the cut-apart journaling tags, I thought it would be fun to talk about journaling.

We find journaling inspiration everywhere... writing down the memories sparked by a photo, looking through old journals, keeping notes on scraps of paper, using journaling prompts from blogs or books... Have you ever considered using Facebook?

I like to post my photos on Facebook, and I try to post them as soon as possible after I take them, because it's fun to see the comments my family and friends write. On a personal level, it's a fantastic way to record my thoughts about the photos right away. There's no pressure to fill up that "caption" box, so I can write as much or as little as I want. As an extra bonus, when I come back months or even years later, my first thoughts of the photos are captured right there in the caption!

And that is exactly how I wrote the journaling for this layout... When I saw the bright die cut in the March kit, I knew it would be perfect for my photos, especially considering that they're about Homemade Happiness (in the form of my sewing project for the fair)!


I was actually quite verbose on FB about my photos from attending the IL State Fair in 2009, when I won some ribbons for my birdie mobile. There was a lot to remember! I just copied and pasted the FB captions into a Word document, and did a few slight edits to make them flow together. Easy peasy!

I changed the font to a custom font that is made from my handwriting, printed it out onto plain cardstock from my stash that matched that gorgeous Bazzill French Vanilla textured cardstock from the kit (is it just me, or is high-quality textured cardstock one of the best things in the world??), and cut it into strips.
VoilĂ !


I arranged the strips so that they followed the curve of the die cut paper from the kit and sprinkled on a few of those great buttons.


So my unofficial challenge to you this Wednesday is to use a new inspiration for your journaling, whether it's Facebook, your blog, an email you wrote... the possibilities are endless! Need a Lucky Girl kit to get you going? Don't forget about March's amazing deal!

SAVE $10 WITH THE PURCHASE OF ANY TWO LUCKY GIRL CRAFTS KITS!

Use code BUY2SAVE10 at check out!

Lucky Girl supplies:
die Cut: Bo Bunny "Flower Child" (Peace)
cardstock: Bazzill (Grass Cloth French Vanilla, Burlap Cherry Cheesecake)
buttons: Making Memories

other supplies:
cream cardstock
font: NataliePrint (made from my own handwriting at YourFonts.com (when it was still free!)
foam adhesive

1 comment:

  1. Great layout and a wonderful job of journaling. I myself I'm so guilty when it comes to journaling! I love how you used the strips!

    ReplyDelete

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy