Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mid-Week Mojo -- Ephemera Shadowbox

Happy Wednesday! It's Natalie here with your weekly dose of Mid-Week Mojo!

One of my favorite ways to spice up a scrapbook page is by making clusters of embellishments. When I opened the March kit, I was thrilled to see the K. & Co. Ephemera die cuts. I thought to myself, what better way to show off an embellishment cluster than to make it the main event!

For my background, I was inspired by the doilies on the patterned papers in the kit. So I pulled out an old paper doily I had stashed away and used it as a mask as I sprayed the pewter mist from the kit.

By opening the mist bottle, I used the end of the sprayer to add a few blotches for extra interest...

I chose my favorite die cuts and arranged them, using pop dots to add dimension.

I added a paper ruffle and that fabulous pompom trim (::love!::) to balance the off-center cluster.

Finally, I framed the cluster in a shadow box frame!

I hope you've been inspired to make some embellishment clusters of your own!

Lucky Girl supples:
K & Co. Ephemera die cuts
Bazzill pompom trim
Tsukineko Sheer Shimmer Spritz (Pewter)
patterned paper scraps: Echo Park "For the Record" (Apron Strings, Borders)

Other supplies:
paper doily for masking
shadowbox frame
foam adhesive
cardstock for background

3 comments:

  1. I love altered projects. This is such a fab idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! I have those K & Co. Ephemera die cuts and love them!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy