Friday, September 23, 2011

Twin Bing-- a fun little thing

Hi everyone, it's Natalie!

I started out as an "event" scrapbooker... where all of my pages were about holidays or trips or "big" life events. As I've progressed over the years, I have started to add into my albums pages celebrating the "little" things, too. You know, the random everyday life stuff... and it captures what "real life" is like, sometimes even more than the big events.

This is one of those pages. Even though it took place at the beginning of a Thanksgiving trip, I still wanted to include this fun episode as a separate Little Things page. The name of September's kit, "The Little Things That Count", was a great reminder for me to pull out these photos and scrap them!

Twin Bings are a favorite candy of Husband and his family, and they are made by a company native to his home state. When he and his sister found out that I'd never had one, they decided that this must be remedied as soon as possible! Of course, I had my camera with me, so I made sure to document the whole experience!

These pom pom picks are so fun, and perfect to accent my title!

The journaling is on tiny strips to caption each photo. I added some red bling I had in my stash (haha get it-- Twin Bing... bling... okay, so I thought it was pretty funny :)) for a bit of extra sparkle to go with the pom poms.


Supplies from the Lucky Girl Crafts September 2011 kit, "The Little Things That Count"
cardstock: Bazzill (Black Beetle, criss cross texture)
patterned paper: Jillibean Soup Sweet & Sour Soup (Sauerkraut)
alphas: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Merry Mermaid Foam Thickers
embellishments: Jillibean Soup Red & White Journaling Sprouts, Crazy 3.5" Pom Pom Picks

other supplies:
white cardstock: the Paper Company
alphas: October Afternoon Farm Fresh Mini Market Stickers (red & cream)
gems: the Paper Studio
photo corners: Scrapbook Adhesives
journaling pen: Sharpie Ultra Fine point
foam adhesive: Therm O Web

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy