Friday, June 10, 2011

Lucky Girls Friday Fun Day: sketch challenge

Hey there, all you Lucky Girls: I'm issuing a challenge to you for today's FFD!

I am a sketch-a-holic. Whether I follow them closely or not-so-closely, I almost always start my layouts by choosing or drawing a sketch. It helps me plan my photo sizes and placement and just generally gets me started creatively.

When I ordered photos recently, I drew this sketch to make a layout about the fantastic bed and breakfast where we stayed for our 3rd anniversary:

As soon as I laid eyes on the MME circle die cut in the June 2011 Lucky Girls kit, I knew it was perfect for the photos I'd just printed. I modified the sketch a bit to make my layout, but the general idea is still pretty obvious-- the photo placement is the same, and I've kept the circle motif.

My challenge to you is to use this sketch to make a layout! Get out your Lucky Girl kits and get creating... and be sure to link up your layouts so that we can see what you've come up with!

Need some supplies to get you started?? Don't forget about this awesome Lucky Girl Crafts deal!!

~ ~ ~

To participate in the FFD challenge, you must create your own project inspired by any of the following from the June Friday Fun Day projects:
Overall Design
Color Combination
Title of the Project
Use of Embellies

Be sure to post your project to InLinkz gallery at the end of this post no later than July 2nd! You can post any kind of project (layout, card, altered item, home decor, etc.) that has been inspired by any of the June Friday Fun Day Challenges. We love to know how you are being inspired by the Lucky Girls!

~ ~ ~


"Comfort" supplies:
from the Lucky Girl Crafts June 2011 kit "Hullabaloo":
die cut: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist (Fly a Kite/Wish Confetti Paper)
patterned paper: Imaginisce Berrylicious (Cherry Lemonade)
alphas: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Puffy Thickers (Berry)
flowers: Petaloo Color Me Crazy paper roses

other supplies:
cardstock: from stash
brown pen: American Crafts Slickwriter
brown ink: Stampabilities



~ ~ ~



1 comment:

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy