It's the middle of the week and Wednesday, so you know what that means, right? It's Mid-Week Mojo today here at Lucky Girl Crafts!
All month long we have been sharing our projects with you using either this months kit, "A Boy & His Toys" or various other Lucky Girl kits to give you some mid-week inspiration!
This week I have an altered canvas I created using "A Boy & His Toys" which I made for Austin's room. This was an idea that had been floating around in my head for quite some time, but I hadn't gotten around to creating it. I am always making things for Renny's room, but not really Austin's. I definitely have more girl stuff than boy stuff! But this kit is perfect for my little boy, which is why all of my projects were for him!
This canvas was created using the papers and alphas from the kit as well as gesso, glimmer mist, my Dymo label maker, sandpaper and Mod Podge.
A quick tutorial on how I created this:
1. Cover canvas in white gesso to prime it.
2. Adhere strips of patterned paper using Mod Podge to the outer edges of the canvas, framing it.
3. Cut out clouds by hand (One large, one smaller)
4. Using sandpaper, distress the edges of the clouds so that some of the white shows through. It's ok if it peels a bit.
5. Using a paper piecing pattern from Scrapbooks Etc. (HERE) Cut out pieces of plane from two different pattern papers.
6. Distress edges of each plane piece with sandpaper.
7. Piece plane together using Mod Podge before placing on canvas.
8. Adhere clouds to canvas towards the top, overlapping one another.
9. Adhere plane over clouds, angling it so it looks as though it is flying.
10. Spray Glimmer Mist over entire canvas to give it some shimmer.
11. Seal entire canvas with Mod Podge to protect it.
12. Print quote using label maker and adhere to lower half of canvas.
13. Place title, using alphas in upper right corner.
14. Hang and enjoy!
Below is a close up of the plane I pieced together. I added the propellers on the front myself, cutting them out freehand. The center of the propellers is a bing chip I flipped over and painted blue to match the papers.
I hope that you have been inspired to create something if you already haven't had some mojo this week! Be sure to pop back in on Friday for our Friday Fun Day Challenge!!!!
Have a fabulous day!!!