FRIDAY FUN DAY CHALLENGE
Where imitation is the highest form of flattery!
This is officially your last chance to enter to win our March Kit - "Homemade Happiness". It's full of brand spanky new Echo Park, American Crafts & Imaginesce.
To participate the FFD challenge, you must create your own project inspired by any of the following from the February Friday Fun Day projects:
Title of the Project
Use of Embellies
Good morning everyone! Stacy here with your FFD challenge this week.
Today your challenge is to create a homemade gift bag. I know it's fun to decorate the plain gift bags you can grab at the store, and in some cases depending on the size of your gift that is a FABULOUS idea. This gift bag is created for the smaller gifts ( money or gift cards ).
Here is how I decorated mine:
So let me tell you how I did the front of the bag and then don't worry ladies....I'm going to give you the measurements to create this gift bag out of cardstock also :)
On the front of the bag you simply cut your background piece of paper to 3 1/2" X 3 1/2". Then create whatever you want on top of this piece. I used some of the fabulous bling on mine around the stamped image. I also wanted to cut out some of the stars from the paper since they went well with the stamp I used, and of course I couldn't resist the pop dots under EVERYTHING!!
Now for the size of the bag. I hope you can see the measurements well in the picture.
- Cut you cardstock to 11" X 8 1/2"
- Score the 11" side from one side to the other at 4 1/2" & 6 1/2"
- Next to make the folds inside score 2" from each end on each side. (this is the diagnal score line which will help your bag fold)
- Score the 8 1/2" side at 2 1/2" and 6"
- Now all you need to do is fold each score line and your bag should come alive.
- once you have it all folded up hold it together and punch 2 holes in it to tie ribbon through.
**Before you tie it shut, it's easier to place your decorated piece for the front of the bag on while it's still flat**
Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see some of your creations!!